Re: RFS: nglogc

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 1:31 PM, Dennis Krzyzaniak
<ebrosius@netgarage.org> wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for the version 1.0.0-1 of my package "nglogc".

I'm not sponsoring at the moment, but here is a review.

I can't find the source code (& build scripts) for
doc/nglogc_manual.pdf, you might find that the ftpmasters would reject
your package because of that:

http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

I'm wondering why your tarball includes both COPYING and
COPYING.LESSER. You should only need the latter.

Your Changes file looks like it should be renamed NEWS instead:

http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#NEWS-File
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html#Change-Logs

AUTHORS file duplicates debian/copyright, no need to ship it in the
binary package.

You probably don't need to distribute the README in the shared library
package, I'd rename debian docs to debian/libnglogc-dev.docs.

You can probably remove the boilerplate from debian/rules.

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: Depends field of package libnglogc0: unknown
substitution variable ${shlibs:Depends}

lintian warnings:

W: libnglogc-dev: empty-binary-package
W: libnglogc0: empty-binary-package

You are missing debian/*.install files.

You might want to add a pkg-config file upstream.

You might want to consider using symbols files:

http://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/ImprovedDpkgShlibdeps

Please read libpkg-guide and its bugs if you haven't already:

http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/column/libpkg-guide/libpkg-guide.html
http://bugs.debian.org/libpkg-guide

--
bye,