Re: RFS: aircrack-ng (updated package) (fix RC bug)

Tim Retout a écrit :
On 9 April 2010 23:58, "Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)" <gandalf@le-vert.net> wrote:
Subject: RFS: aircrack-ng (updated package)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:1.0-2
of my package "aircrack-ng".

It's good that this will fix an RC bug.

However, I notice that the PTS links to a security tracker issue that
doesn't have a bug yet:
http://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/TEMP-0000000-000200

The exploit code there is from 27th March.  Do you know whether
upstream has a patch for this issue?

It might be worth uploading this version of the package anyway; it's
just that I imagine there will have to be another one soon afterwards.

Hello,

Both me and upstream are aware about this security issue. However, aircrack 1.1 will be released soon and will includes fixes for all binaries of the suite. As the issue is not so dangereous (can only lead to aircrack tool crash), I decided to wait for a complete upstream fix that will come with next release. The aim of this upload was juste to improve current package state and check it doesn't FTBFS anymore. :)

Regards, Adam.