"pdebuild --debbuildopts -sa" does not accept orig.tar.bz2 format?

Hello mentors,

I would like upload package builded in pbuilder and force pbuilder to use orig file
For <package>_<version>.orig.tar.gz "pdebuild --debbuildopts -sa" works.
But not for <package>_<version>.orig.tar.bz2 ... orig file is not included.
I would like use orig.tar.bz2 format because upstream source is also tar.bz2 and this is only way to have same md5 for both files.

Exists solution for this?

best regards

mira