Re: RFS: iptotal (updated package) (2nd try)

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 02:37:46AM +0200, Ignace Mouzannar wrote:
> I have added a README.debian explaining the directory changes, and the
> way to configure iptotal with apache2.
>
> (I also modified the README.source file to state quilt instead of dpatch.)

Yeah, about that... you're using 3.0 (quilt) as source format. That
includes quilt functionality, so please don't depend on quilt, don't
write about quilt in README.source (in fact is file is unneeded here)
and don't implement anything quilt-like in debian/rules (which you
already avoided).

I'm sorry, I didn't catch that earlier. But since we're still at it: why
don't you use dh7 style debian/rules? I mean, you don't have to, but you
can avoid the whole DEB_*_GNU_TYPE stuff and shorten your rules file to
a few lines. #559098 is not fixed yet, so the config.* game still has to
be played, though. It's just a suggestion...

Hauke

PS: README.Debian (I'd prefer that over README.debian) reads well!