Re: "what it's like" to be old debian maintainer

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 03:04:13 +0100
Jérémy Lal <jerry@edagames.com> wrote:

> i'm wondering what happens when you spent hours and
> years dealing with debian... is it something you don't regreat ?
> I'm in the learning curve and it's still very interesting,
> so it's natural for me to ask what more experienced people
> feel about that.
> Kind regards,
> Jérémy.

I'm a maintainer hopeful and have some years behind me also.
That being said, I am looking at this 2 fold.

1. To develop my programming skills
2. The main point, to gain a much better understanding about Debian
AND, the challenge!!!

You need to keep yourself challenged in life. It's what helps to make
life in exciting!

So - I don't feel that age is a matter as long as you can learn and
don't have hang ups about taking compliments and criticism from younger
and almost certainly more knowledgeable folks!

That's just me though!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the
government fears the people, there is liberty."

           -- Thomas Jefferson