Re: RFS: aaphoto

Hi,

Thank You for the help and the suggestions. I appreciate it.

I can fix the things mentioned below.

The orig.tar.gz differs in the hash only because i recompressed it
before making the debian package from it. So it was my mistake that i
didn't copy the upstream tgz file instead.

What to do about the '*' character in the manual at the options? I use
it for marking which option needs input file. Should i use a different
character?

I will remove the included generated files from the next version then
(0.37), thanks for mentioning.

I think i won't include REMARKS in the next version either, it's not
necessary. I make it available for download in another tgz version
anyway.

Should i change NEWS, ChangeLog and README to 80 char width now in the
fixed debian package?

About the original compression quality. I was planning the make a
comment on my site about this why i didn't implement it yet. Regarding
the research i made on JPEG format, AFAIK the image that is
recompressed with the same quality will have worse quality after the
recompression, so we can say that we have to use higher value for
recompression than originally to get the same image quality, and this is
not so trivial. Therefore i made a 95% default according to the balance
between quality and size, and the user can change it on demand. Anyway
if someone needs to have an image without quality loss, then there is
the option to use PNG instead. If he sticks with JPEG, then i think the
default value is a good choice.

Thanks,
Andras