Re: Use of DM-Upload-Allowed field

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 02:12:29AM +0700, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Joachim Wiedorn <ad_debian@joonet.de> wrote:
>
> > How is the actual status of using the DM-Upload-Allowed field/bit?
>
> Initially the plan was for DMUA to be set on package X only by sponsor
> Y after they are satisfied with the quality of uploads of package X by
> maintainer Z. These days DMUA seems much more casually added, often by
> the DM rather than the DD. Where maintainers ask for DMUA to be added,
> they probably remember the initial plan for it whereas most others do
> not seem to know about it.

Just for the record, although Joachim seems to have received his answer
and explanation - since the text he quoted was from my recent RFS's,
I'd just like to point out that Paul Wise is absolutely right - I do
remember the initial goals of the DM policy, and I think they're quite
the right thing to do, so I'm sticking by them :)  Even more so now
that some DD's (at the very least Paul Wise and Sandro Tosi, and also
Hector Oron who uploaded the last revision of qliss3d for me and
set DMUA) have expressed their agreement to it.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13