Re: RFS: ceph

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010, Sage Weil wrote:
> > Ok, the build is fixed (man_MANS vs dist_man_MANS in the man/Makefile.am),
> > and pbuilder is behaving fine on my other box.  The updated .dsc is at
> >
> > http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/dists/unstable/main/source/ceph_0.18git20100209082702-1.dsc
>
> eek, have no spare time while prepping for a PyCon talk and
> conference.freeculture.org this weekend. Ping me in 10 days?

Hi Asheesh,

I've rebuilt packages for the latest release (0.19.1).  The .dsc is at

 http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/pool/ceph-stable/c/ceph/ceph_0.19.1-1.dsc

I've also futzed around with my scripts for building .debs for the
ceph.newdream.net repository (now using pbuilder, reprepro).  I suspect
I'm not quite doing the right thing wrt package versions for the different
distributions (I'm appending something like ~bpo50+1 for lenny .deb,
etc.), but for now at least it works well enough for the separate
repository.  And I'm not sure it's that important from the perspective of
getting the packages in sid anyway.

There is also a ceph-kclient package with the source code for the kernel
module:

 http://ceph.newdream.net/debian/pool/ceph-stable/c/ceph-kclient/ceph-kclient_0.19.1-1.dsc

As I understand it there is some make-kpkg magic that is supposed to build
it automagically (if it's properly packaged) but I haven't found any good
documentation on how that should be done for standalone modules.

Thanks!
sage