Re: CHowning files - or not?

I do wonder why some scripts have to be owned by a particular user
instead of root, could you explain this?
Although I don't see how this answers my question, it is intended to have the execution of these scripts limited to users within a group.

Please read debian-policy 10.9 and 10.9.1:

In short, use dpkg-statoverride in postinst.

OK, as it is done in postinst, there does not seem to be a difference to my current chown setup. dpkg-statoverride will make sure that the permissions are set everytiem the file is re-installed, but chown in postinst will as well ...