RFS: plplot - Scientific plotting library

Source package name: plplot
License: GNU LGPL version 2

Plplot is a scientific plotting library with support for a wide range of
output devices and bindings to a range of different programming
languages. It is split into a number of packages.

Plplot is current in stable.

http://packages.debian.org/source/lenny/plplot

I am the package maintainer as well as an upstream plplot developer. I
have been co-maintaining the package for some time with Rafael
Laboissiere, however Rafael has retired from Debian. Since I am not a
DD I can't upload packages and so I am looking for a new sponsor.

Plplot has been removed from unstable due to a number of bugs.

I have prepared new packages, which are maintained in a branch of the
upstream svn repository accessible via

svn co https://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/plplot/branches/v5_9_5_debian plplot-5.9.5

This updates the packages to version 5.9.5 of plplot and closes most of
the known bugs.

If anyone is able to help with sponsoring uploads I'd be most grateful.

Regards

Andrew