Re: 'gtk+extra3' uploaded to mentors.debian.net

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 17:37:38 +0100 (CET)
"mentors.debian.net" <support@mentors.debian.net> wrote:

> The upload of the package 'gtk+extra3' to mentors.debian.net was
> successful. URL of your package is:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gtk+extra3
>
> Uploaded version: 3.0.0-0.1
> Package maintainer: Bradley Bell <btb@debian.org>

I note, with great sadness, that this old chestnut is being dredged up
all over again. The homepage quoted in the .dsc has had no changes
since 2005 and the CVS - even the section under gtk-extra-3/ has had no
changes for 470 days. The package version does not indicate that this
is unreleased software taken directly from CVS.

It's taken me the best part of a YEAR to get gtk+extra2 removed from
unstable (I note a new version of ktechlab in mentors too - updating
ktechlab needs to finally allow the removal of gtk+extra2 from
testing. Personally, I'd be happier for ktechlab to be removed from
Debian than for gtk+extra3 to be inserted to prop up ktechlab.)

> (You receive this mail as you are listed in the 'Uploaders' field of
> the gtk+extra3 package. Please tell the package maintainer if you
> no longer participate in the maintenance of that package so that you
> can get removed there.)

Please, I insist that my name is removed from Uploaders before this
package gets into the Debian archive. I refuse to be associated with
it any longer. I had no part in the packaging of this version and I
utterly disown it.

I suspect that the same goes for Bradley as he abandoned gtk+extra2 a
long, long time ago.

At the very least, the package should describe the new upstream
homepage or drop all mention of the old ones and list the new VCS
location because the current ones cannot have been the source of this
package.

http://gtkextra.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gtkextra/gtkextra-3/gtkextra/?sortby=date#dirlist
(Minimum age of the .c or .h files: 15 months without any change.)

The long awaited stable port to Gtk+-2.x has been released!
GtkExtra-2.1.1 is now available for download! (06/24/2005)
http://gtkextra.sourceforge.net/

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gtk+extra3/gtk+extra3_3.0.0-0.1.dsc

--

Neil Williams