Re: Pedantic Lintian complains on changelog.gz

Dear Ben and Christoph,

söndag den 14 februari 2010 klockan 23:28 skrev Ben Finney detta:
> Mats Erik Andersson <mats.andersson@gisladisker.se> writes:
>
> > the package Webfs which I very recently adopted, has the habit of
> > incorporating the upstream changelog into the upstream README file.
> > This causes lintian to issue the pedantic critisism that the package
> > supplies no file 'changelog.gz'.
>
> I have several times had success in asking politely for upstream to
> maintain the changelog as a separate file. IME upstream agrees that it's
> better done that way and just goes ahead and does it. A win-win result.

The upstream author is silent since June, 2004, and a test build
using 'webfs.links' produced the silence from Lintian I was aspiring
for at the moment, so I will try that in the new packaging. Thanks!

Best regards,
--
Mats Erik Andersson, fil. dr

Abbonerar på: debian-mentors, debian-devel-games, debian-perl, debian-ipv6