Re: Pedantic Lintian complains on changelog.gz

Hi!

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 01:06:53PM +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> the package Webfs which I very recently adopted, has the
> habit of incorporating the upstream changelog into the
> upstream README file. This causes lintian to issue the
> pedantic critisism that the package supplies no file
> 'changelog.gz'.
>
> Which whould be the correct way to mend this, installing
> a lintian override, or to let 'changelog.gz' be a soft link?

	There's absolutely no need to overwrite a lintian pedantic
tag. You can just leave it there (and I guess there's no sponsor
around that would consider barking on that pedantic tag).

	If the README mostly is a changelog you might consider installing
it as *the* changelog otherwise a link is nice if you want to do
anything about I'd say

Regards

	Christoph

--
/"\  ASCII Ribbon : GPG-Key ID: 0xD49AE731
\ /    Campaign   : CaCert Assurer

http://www.christoph-egger.org/