RFS: rinputd

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rinputd".

* Package name    : rinputd
 Version         : 1.0.2-1
 Upstream Author : Chase Douglas <chase.douglas@ubuntu.com>
* URL             : http://launchpad.net/rinput
* License         : GPLv2 + OpenSSL Exemption
 Section         : net

rinputd is a server daemon which listens for remote input clients. Clients
connect over a secure SSL socket and authenticate with the server through the
Cyrus SASL password database /etc/sasldb2. The client may then initialize an
input device through the uinput user input event interface. After
initialization, the client may send input events such as key presses or mouse
movements.

Note that currently there is an rinput client for the iPhone: Remotux. With Remotux and rinputd, the user has complete control over his or her computer no matter where they are. Control even works in a virtual terminal.

It builds these binary packages:
rinput-dev - Remote input protocol development
rinputd    - A server daemon for receiving user input events
rinputd-dbg - A server daemon for receiving user input events (debug symbols)

The upload would fix these bugs: 569042

My motivation for maintaining this package is: I am the upstream author. I would like to see my software available to as many people as possible.

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rinputd/rinputd_1.0.2-1.dsc

Kind regards
Chase Douglas

P.S.: I sent a request earlier this week, but I didn't think to put in these details. Thanks for considering this package.