Re: Experimental release for IPv6 patched package?

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:

Dear mentors,

I have taken to addressing the lack of IPv6-support for tftpd from netkit-tftp-0.17 (see #536509). As far as I can tell it seems to work on my machine, including format 3.0-quilt.

Would I be correct in guessing that the experimental release should be the first entry point for alterations like the Debian IPv6 goal?

I am asking out of principle, since I will try to find the official maintainer before I take any actions.

I don't see why you'd use experimental rather than unstable. I'd suggest setting the release to unstable rather than experimental. Doubly true since IPv6 is a release goal.

Others, feel free to say why I'm wrong.

Naturally, if this isn't your package, talk to the maintainer. But you already said you would do that. (-:

-- Asheesh.

--
Anyone who imagines that all fruits ripen at the same time
as the strawberries, knows nothing about grapes.