Re: On intermediary deb-releases, their archiving.

On 22/01/10 at 00:51 +0100, Mats Erik Andersson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> in trying to disect an RC-bug I find myself wanting to
> compare, using debdiff, two immediate successor packages,
> like
>
>      this_1.20-15.dsc   and   this_1.20-16.dsc.
>
> However, for the particular package in question Lenny has
> 1.20-13.1 and both testing and unstable share 1.20-16.
> These are available from the standard mirrors.
>
> Is there some location where one could, with some luck,
> encounter also the intermediary packages that have been
> superseeded with time? Or are such packaged quickly
> pushed into oblivion?

James Westby (Canonical) is working on a service that imports the full
history of Debian packages in bzr branches. That will be eventually used
to simply the process of merging new versions from Debian.

The branches for each package are available from
https://code.launchpad.net/debian, or
https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/debian/sid/libnokogiri-ruby/sid
(for a specific package).

It's still ungoing work, some revisions might be missing, and he also
plans to rebase the branches when snapshot.debian.org will be available.