Re: Changing section from math to science?

Le Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 08:32:50PM -0300, Nicolas Alvarez a écrit :
> Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> > All of this is currently in the "math" section and has been there for
> > about 10 years. I wonder whether all of this should move to the
> > "science" or "interpreters" section. It is better if all these
> > packages stay together, whatever the section.
> >
> > I also wonder how to proceed: is the best way to simply send an e-mail
> > to FTP masters?
>
> I believe the section is part of the package, so you'd have to release a new
> version of the packages with modified control headers

Dear Nicolas,

the Section and Priority fields of Debian source packages are not
authoritative. Their values for the binary packages are overriden when they are
added to the Debian archive. If there is a mismatch, one gets an automated
e-mail with instructions on how to submit a bug to ftp.debian.org in order to
ask our archive administrators to amend the central information. But this
change can actually be done without uploading.

You can find a little bit more information in the Debian wiki:
http://wiki.debian.org/FtpMaster/Override

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy