Re: RFS: acetoneiso

Hello,

here is my review:

Hello,

First of all, thanks for your review. Could you please CC me in your
replies since I am not subscribed in the debian mentors list?

I have uploaded a new version of the package with the changes below:

* debian/control:
- - The package depends on ia32-libs [amd64], what the fuck? Why?

From the README file of the package:
- AcetoneISO uses poweriso binary file to convert and extract images.
  It is not shipped with our software and will be downloaded when needed
from www.poweriso.com .
  Poweriso is a Freeware software so sources are not available.
  Please note that it will only work on x86 32-bit Operating Systems.
  It is however possible to make it run on x64 64-bit OS, for example
you must install at least "ia32-libs" package. Other packages may be required.

I have moved ia32-libs to Suggests, do you think I should drop it altogether?

- - libqt4-gui | libqtgui4 => the right dependency is added by
shlibs:Depends

I have removed it from depends and left it only to build-depends

* debian/copyright:
- - The downloaded from link is not valid.

Fixed

* general:
There are many useless whitespaces at EOL:
m...@exez:~/build/acetoneiso/acetoneiso-2.2.1/debian$ grep -c \ $ *
changelog:7
control:4
copyright:4

Fixed

lintian:
Those have to be fixed before I upload it:
I: acetoneiso: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright

Fixed

I: acetoneiso: description-synopsis-might-not-be-phrased-properly

Fixed

W: acetoneiso: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/acetoneiso

The upstream authors provide no man page. Is this warning too serious so that I have to write one manpage myself, or can it be ignored for now?

I: acetoneiso: desktop-entry-contains-encoding-key
/usr/share/applications/AcetoneISO.desktop:3 Encoding

Fixed

Also there are many spelling errors in the upstream source, reported by
lintian. You may patch them and send it to upstream (if they are no
false positives):

I manged to patch some of the files, but the executable uses .qm translation files, which I cannot patch them, since they are binary. Any suggestions on how to handle this? In any case I will contact the authors to ask them to update their translations.

Thanks again for your review

--
=Do-
N.AND