Re: Debian changelog vs upstream changelog

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 9:39 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:

> I propose to store this information and similar ones in a parsable file in the
> debian directory of the packages. For instance, debian/upstream-metadata.yaml.
> For packages stored in a VCS, this information will be easy to retreive. The
> retreiver system can then crunch the files and sumbit a proper table to the
> Ultimate Debian Database (UDD), which is a convenient entry point to build
> dynamic websites.
> aqwa『debian』$ wget http://upstream-metadata.debian.net/table/DOI -O - 2>/dev/null

Could you maybe add something human-readable to the site? Not everyone
understands perl ;)

Some links to the different available tables would be nice.

I probably said it before, but I don't really like storing this
metadata in source packages since the metadata is likely to change
independently of the source package (like the Homepage and watch
file). I'd prefer a database and management interface like
screenshots.debian.net or debtags.alioth.debian.org for this. I wish I
had time to help out by writing something for this :(

You might like to start a new thread on this upstream metadata stuff
on debian-devel btw.

--
bye,
pabs