Re: RFS: bashare

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Paul Gevers <paul@climbing.nl> wrote:
>> That means:" It's easy to install on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuse,
>> etc."
>> But, on the right size of that page you can see two links:
>> - one for debs
>> - one for the tarball
>
> That doesn't matter. Debian native means that the package only makes
> sense on Debian (and derived) systems.

Yes, and that does not mean you can not hold your debian dir in
upstream. As far as I know, new debian source packages format does not
complain about debian dir in tarball. But if it does, then you still
can hold your debian dir in upstream - just do not include it when you
create your orig tarball for debian (that's what I do).

--
Zaar