Re: RFS: youtube-dl (updated package, support for 1080p videos)

2009/11/19 Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br>:
> Hi, Simon.
>
> On Nov 19 2009, Simon Richter wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:39:46AM -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
>> > dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/y/youtube-dl/youtube-dl_2009.09.13-2.dsc
>>
>> |  * include the DMUA: yes field.
>>
>> Sneaky. :)
>
> Oh, that was something that I talked about with some other developers.
> It really seem that the opinions on this are divided... :-/

During the creation of DM, the idea was that the field was supposed to
be set by sponsors only and only after enough uploads to convince the
sponsor that the maintainer is capable of properly maintaining the
package. I'd personally like to see the DMUA field removed from source
packages and moved to a mail bot or similar.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise