Re: RFS: gem (updated package) [3rd try]

I demand that IOhannes m zmoelnig may or may not have written...

> On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:51:08PM -0500, Barry deFreese wrote:
>> Couple of minor issues left:
>> W: gem: menu-command-not-in-package /usr/share/menu/gem:5 /usr/bin/pd

> hmm, Gem is a plugin for pure-data on which it depends; the menu-command
> will start Pd with the gem activated.

> is the proper way to handle this to create a shall-script (e.g.
> /usr/bin/pd-gem) which than calls "/usr/bin/pd -lib Gem" (which is what the
> menu-command now does directly) ?

That would work. I would (a) use 'exec /usr/bin/pd -lib Gem' (no point in
keeping a shell instance around longer than is needed) and (b) put it
somewhere in /usr/share/gem (there's no reason that I can see why it should
need to be somewhere normally in $PATH).

Or you could use a lintian override.

>> W: gem: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog usr/share/doc/gem/ChangeLog.gz

> how am i supposed to handle this?
> the upstream changelog is called "ChangeLog".
> should i create a patch that renames it to "changelog"?

Tell dh_installchangelogs about the file and it'll install it correctly for
you.

--
| Darren Salt            | linux at youmustbejoking | nr. Ashington, | Doon
| using Debian GNU/Linux | or ds    ,demon,co,uk    | Northumberland | Army
|   Let's keep the pound sterling

Sooner or later, the worst possible set of circumstances is bound to occur.