Re: Convenience copies in upstream code: dependencies, removal, copyright, and other issues

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 12:05 -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Oct 2009, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> > ftpmasters seem to be requiring everything in the source to be
> > documented in debian/copyright (really annoying, I know).
>
> This is because we don't only distribute the binaries; we also
> distribute the source.

But the upstream source already has them (in the source files themselves
or other files). The copyright file is for installation in the binary
packages (as per my reading of policy 12.5).

>  ftpmaster has to check all of this out anyway,
> and it makes it much easier on them if you've documented it properly.

I don't see how including that info saves work for them since they check
it anyways. It's probably only confusing if different than what is in
the source.

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler