Re: RFS: qemu-kvm (kvm)

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 04:44:04PM -0300, Felipe Sateler wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 21:36 +0200, Giuseppe Iuculano wrote:
 >
> > Simply you can't.
> > You can't take over a package that you feel is neglected without the assent of
> > the current maintainer.
>
> That is not true. That is precisely the point of a hijacking. The
> maintainer has been unresponsive for half a year according to Michael,
> so it is perfectly reasonable to attempt a hijack (even if it was not
> correctly done).

The kvm PTS page (http://packages.qa.debian.org/k/kvm.html) says,

"The current maintainer is looking for someone who can help with the
maintenance of this package. If you are interested in this package,
please consider helping out. One way you can help is offer to be a
co-maintainer or triage bugs in the bts. Please see bug number  #479951
for more information."

I see that Giuseppe Iuculano already uploaded some kvm security updates
this week for which many thanks.  I am starting to use kvm/qemu at work
and I would certainly appreciate a more frequently updated version in
Debian, the current one is streets ahead of that in Lenny.  I hope that
it's possible for Michael to help Guiseppe and the listed maintainer to
keep it up to date.

Nick