Re: Unit tests and application data

Le Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:43:38PM +0200, Wolodja Wentland a écrit :

> A short question though: Running the tests would entail that all
> python-modules used by any given library or application would end up as
> build dependencies of the package.
>
> The dependencies of the application in question here are very modest
> (python-progressbar) but this could be problematic if the test suite
> requires a lot of other modules or even running and configured services
> (DB, Web server, ...). How is this usually handled?

Dear Wolodja,

I think that having test results in the build logs is very valuable, and that
it is worth enlarging the build dependencies to acheive that. Note however that
the network is not always accessible from our build daemons. Tests requiring
the network have to be disabled, but I strongly recommend that you run them
locally before you upload your package.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy