Re: watch file troubles again :)

Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam@gmx.net> writes:

> Am Dienstag, den 29.09.2009, 23:27 +0200 schrieb Jérémy Lal:
> > This time the web page contains this :
[…]

> […] It is probably better you try to talk to upstream to release
> archives with versions and make mypackage.zip a symlink to the latest
> release.

One possible point to convince upstream may be “Please provide the
source archive at a URL to the specific version I retrieve, that will
continue to get the same version when users go there again after you
release a new version. The way this is normally done is to name each
version's archive with the version in the name (‘foo-1.2.3.tar.gz’), and
leave them all in the same directory on the server.”

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\     Brain, but if they called them ‘Sad Meals’, kids wouldn't buy |