Re: RFS: aegis (updated package, NMU)

Walter Franzini
<walter.franzini@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 4.24-5.1
> of package "aegis".  This upload is an NMU fixing also 2 RC bugs.
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> aegis      - transaction-based software configuration management
> aegis-doc  - documentation for aegis
> aegis-tk   - aegis Tk user interface
> aegis-web  - aegis web based user interface

> The upload would fix these bugs: 419472, 509994, 522336, 530042, 533921, 540343

> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/a/aegis/aegis_4.24-5.1.dsc

I've had a brief look at the package, and have a few comments on it:

 - the orig.tar.gz you've used is content-identical but not
   bit-identical. This means that the archive will reject the upload
   because the checksums do not match.

 - you did not follow the NMU protocol [1]. At the minimum, you should
   attach the debdiff to the bugs you are addressing here. In order to
   faciliate this, please have a look at the nmudiff(1) command,
   espc. at the option '--old'.

 - Did you manage to talk about this NMU with Christian Meder? Does he
   acknowledge this upload? In case you didn't manage to contact him, I
   think you should adopt the package and use maintainer version
   numbering. Espc. after reading #470162

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu-guidelines

--
Gruesse/greetings,