Re: Test of a package on a specific architecture

Benoit Mortier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You can run 64bit system on virtualbox on a 32bit cpu. I'am doing it to
> compile stuff for amd64. For this to work you have to have vt extensions
> on your cpu and virtualbox 2.2.0.
>
> see:
>
> model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T8300  @ 2.40GHz
>
> just activate those options on virtualbox

This is a 64-bit capable processor. You could run a 64-bit system
directly if you wanted to.

Since qemu is an emulator, it should be able to run 64-bit guests in a
32-bit system, even with vt support in the processor. But it probably
would be somewhat slow.

--
May a Misguided Platypus lay its Eggs in your Jockey Shorts.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br