pulling packages from multiple releases

Hello,

As a maintainer of a LiveCD, I have built the cd based on lenny 5.0.2, and want to stay with that as my base system, however, there are several packages I would like to be able to pull from sid/squeeze. I realize these are not "stable" packages, but they are stable enough for my purposes.

Is there a good way to do this?  I tried modifying my sources.list file, but then I ran into dependency problems with some older packages I really needed, so had to rebuild the system.