Re: Issue with dpkg-shlibdepds

If this is the case, is there an easy way to insert a variable of sorts into the package name and also as the files used for the .dirs and .install file? If possible, I'd like to automate as much as possible of the version incrementing, but currently I need to change the configure.in (which is fine), change control, changelog and rename the include and dirs files.