Re: Need help for xiterm+thai on s390 compilation failed

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 2:17 AM, Neutron Soutmun<neo.neutron@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=xiterm%2Bthai&ver=1.09-2&arch=s390&stamp=1249926993&file=log
>
> The issue is the link fail to the function getutmpx(), I'm not sure about the
> different definition about this function on this architecture (s390) which
> I couldn't do any emulator for compilation testing.

Given that the symbols for the s390 libc6 deb contains getutmpx[1], I
suggest that the issue was a temporarily broken eglibc on that
platform (and I seem to remember something about that on the -release
or -devel lists recently). Please mail s390@buildd.debian.org to get
them to retry the package. More info about this sort of thing can be
found in the developers reference.

> To whom concerns for this architecture, please advices me, Thanks in advance.

For porting issues, in general, please consult the relevant porting list[2].

1. http://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/mole/symbols/.dump/symbols?key=DEBIAN/pool/main/e/eglibc/libc6_2.9-25_s390.deb
2. http://lists.debian.org/ports.html

--
bye,