Re: git-buildpackage issues

At Mon, 3 Aug 2009 14:48:12 +0200,
Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> $ \rm -fr rsvndump
> $ mkdir rsvndump
> $ cd rsvndump
> $ git init
> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /home/mathieu/Perso/gdcm/Sandbox/debian-med/build-area/rsvndump/.git/
> $ git-import-dsc --pristine-tar ../rsvndump_0.5.2.dsc

try git-import-dsc without the other steps. It works fine for me, and
creates the git repo for in a subdirectory of the current directory

> I found multiple links:
> * http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git
> * http://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit

The canonical place to look for documentation in Debian is
but /usr/share/doc/packagename.  In this case

  /usr/share/doc/git-buildpackage/manual-html/index.html

answers your questions about branch layout, I believe.