Re: RFS: iulib (3rd attempt)

2009/6/27 Nick Leverton <nick@leverton.org>:
> First, you call dh_quilt_unpatch from your clean target, however this
> command is provided by quilt which is not part of build-essential.
> Pbuilder only auto-installs the dependencies after cleaning the package -
> but it will not do this as the clean fails.  You might fix this by doing
> "dh_quilt_unpatch || true" in your clean.

It builds fine in my pbuilder without this.

> Second, you need a build-dep for libtool which is required by the build.

Grrr. Yes, thanks.

> In your control file, libiulib-dev Depends: on libiulib, however your
> packaging builds the library in libiulib0 so the -dev package will
> not install.  I find it worth actually installing my final packages and
> using them to catch errors of this sort before upload.

Of course, I did install (and use) it, but made modifications, and
didn't install it again. Thanks for pointing that out.

> Recent comments here suggest that "a" is un-needed at the start of the
> short description :)

OK. Fixed.

> Is it worth mentioning in the short description that the library is for
> C++ ?  Many other libraries specify the language in the short description

OK. Added.

> As well, there is a pedantic Lintian warning: "P: iulib source:
> source-contains-svn-control-dir" .  Seems like each of your dirs has the
> .svn directory still.  It's only a pedantic warning and not something I
> would think worth re-creating the tarball for, but might be worth asking
> upstream to clean their release.

Thanks. I had noticed that.

Thanks for your help. I have uploaded the package again with the above changes.

Regards

Jeff