Re: RFS: python-ipcalc

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:44:30 +0000 mezgani ali wrote:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "python-ipcalc".

Looks interesting, esp for some work I'll have to do soon :)

> python-ipcalc - Python module that allows you to perform IP subnet calculations

Here are some quick findings, more to come:
0. why is the package native? it shouldn't be.
1. short desc should be "perform IP subnet calculations", the fact it
is a python module comes directly from the package name :)
2. you set build-deps on dh7, but don't use any of it's features? you
could shorten the debian/rules *a lot* with it.
3. debian/docs and debian/dirs are empty, please remove them if you
dont need them.
4. Standards-Version should be 3.8.2
5. Please use python-central or python-support and not hardcode python
>= 2.0 in depends, use ${python:Depends}.
6. long desc is somewhat short :)
7. You ship only a .py file, thus package should be arch:all, not any.

lintian would have told you about 0, 4 and 6.

That's all for now. Please fix the above and I'll have another look.

Regards
Evgeni
--
Bruce Schneier Fact Number 13:
Bruce Schneier's discrete logarithms are uncountable and continuous