Re: RFS: gvpe, the GNU Virtual Private Ethernet daemon

On 2009-06-12, Jonathan Wiltshire <debian@jwiltshire.org.uk> wrote:
> I am seeking a sponsor for this new package, gvpe. It builds an secure
> virtual ethernet between multiple endpoints and gateways, rather than a
> straight end-to-end VPN tunnel. This makes it more resilient to failures
> of individual nodes participating in the network. I filed an RFP
> originally, but I've since packaged it for my own use and had it running
> with no problems for some months, so I believe it's stable enough for
> the archive.

i'd like to sponsor this package but gvpe has the security idiosyncrasy
of selecting a single symmetric cipher and digest algorithm at compile
time, and i'm afraid one of the first bugs filed would be a request for
more than one cipher/digest combination.

if you're ok with my changes to the package i'd like to sponsor it:

    http://people.debian.org/~edmonds/gvpe/gvpe_2.22-1.dsc

--
Robert Edmonds
edmonds@debian.org