Packaging data for a CGI

Hi all,

I'm packaging a command line app called hoogle that can also run as
a CGI (depending on whether QUERY_STRING or REQUEST_URI is defined).
The source package generates three binary packages:

   hoogle - the binary
   hoogle-data - architecture independant data
   hoogle-cgi - creates a symlink from /usr/lib/cgi-bin to the binary
                in /usr/bin/

The issue I'm having is that the CGI also has some resources (an
XML file, a javascript file and some PNGs) that need to be put
somewhere appropriate so the web server can serve them in response
to a standard HTTP GET.

I would put this somewhere under /var/www but the  policy manual
says thats a bad  idea:

   http://webapps-common.alioth.debian.org/draft/html/ch-issues.html

Where should I put these resources?

Cheers,