Problem with dpkg-shlibdeps

Hi,

in a new upstream version which I'm working on, I get warnings from
dpkg-shlibdeps which I don't understand. And I can't find a way to find
out, so I'm asking here.

The warnings are multiple occurrences of

dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: binaries to analyze should already be installed in their package's directory.

one for each binary in the 3 standard binary packages I build (none for
a library so file).

However, the files are already installed where they should be
IMO. Running dh_shlibdeps with -v gives

dpkg-shlibdeps -Tdebian/texlive-base-binaries.substvars \
  debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/mft \
  debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/tcdialog \
  debian/texlive-base-binaries/usr/bin/mpost \

for the first package. Isn't that exactly where the files for the
package texlive-base-binaries should be?

What does dpkg-shlibdeps mean with that warning?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)