Re: debian/control

On dim, 15 mar 2009 13:15:12 +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2009-03-15, Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On dim, 15 mar 2009 13:57:40 +0100, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >
> > Hello,
> >

> >> I am not sure what to fill to "Section" in control file for my new package I am building.
> >> Program is small easy CLI utility generating sound (pink and white noise)
> >>
> >> Thanks for help
> >>

> > For me this type of software has to be set in the "contrib" section, but i am
> > young in Debian and more experienced could confirm or not my opinion !
>
> eh?
>
> contrib is for free stuff that has non-free build or runtime
> requirements.
>
> /Sune
>

> --

In developer reference at 4.6.1 Sections
Packages in the contrib section have to comply with the DFSG, but may fail
other requirements. For instance, they may depend on non-free packages.

You can notice *may fail* ...
According to my english any dependency or other thing from non-free is not an
obligation. It is "may" not "must".

May be my is english is wrong (i am not native) and i done a misunderstood.

Best regards,
Laurent

--
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org