Re: RFS: tmux (updated package)

Hello,

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Karl Ferdinand Ebert wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 0.7-1
> of my package "tmux".

Here are some comments:
- add FAQ to docs
- add CHANGES file as upstream changelog
- ITP bug will be closed by the first upload not the first packaging attempt
  So the Closes should come in the topmost changelog entry.
- some licenses are BSD 3-clause some are BSD-2 and others are of the type
  included in the debian/copyright file
- include NOTES file in docs
- include examples in docs

Not so! :-(
There are Lintian errors in your manpage (hyphen used as minus sign).
The report is attached.

Regards,

Kapil.
--

N: Setting up lab in /tmp/S5enavUQOg ...
N: Processing changes file tmux_0.7-2_amd64.changes ...
N: Processing 2 packages...
N: ----
N: Processing source package tmux (version 0.7-2) ...
N: ----
N: Processing binary package tmux (version 0.7-2) ...
I: tmux: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/tmux.1.gz:340
N:
N:   Manual page seems to contain a hyphen where a minus sign was intended.
N:   '-' chars are interpreted as hyphens (U+2010) by groff, not as minus
N:   signs (U+002D). Since options to programs use minus signs (U+002D),
N:   this means for example in UTF-8 locales that you cannot cut&paste
N:   options, nor search for them easily.
N:
N:   '-' must be escaped ('\-') to be interpreted as minus. If you really
N:   intend a hyphen, write it as '\(hy' to emphasise that fact. See
N:   groff(7) and especially groff_char(7) for details, and also the thread
N:   starting with
N:   http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200303/msg01481
N:   .html
N:
N:   If you use some tool that converts your documentation to groff format,
N:   it might be possible that this tool converts dashes of any kind to
N:   groff hyphens, while the safe way of converting dashes is usually to
N:   convert them to '\-'.
N:
N:   Because this error can occur very often we show only the first 10
N:   occurrences for each man page and give the number of suppressed
N:   occurrences. If you want to see all warnings, run lintian with the
N:   -d/--debug option.
N:
I: tmux: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/tmux.1.gz:342
I: tmux: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/tmux.1.gz:344
I: tmux: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/tmux.1.gz:346
I: tmux: hyphen-used-as-minus-sign usr/share/man/man1/tmux.1.gz:999
N: Removing /tmp/S5enavUQOg ...