Re: RFS: sqldeveloper-package

Hi, IANADD, but here are some comments.

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "sqldeveloper-package".

grep ITP debian/changelog reveals that there was no initial ITP filed;
you need to file an intent to package even for native Debian packages.
In fact, I would say that an ITP is even more important for native
packages because if Debian is the upstream, so to speak, it is good
for developers to hear about it on debian-devel.

Since you are upstream, any reason why the manpage is in debian/
instead of in the source?

In debian/rules, you are already using debhelper level 7 so there is
no need to remove the stamps in the clean target--dh_clean does this
for you. Similarly, you should use dh_prep instead of dh_clean -k.
This shows up in lintian:

W: sqldeveloper-package source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated
I: sqldeveloper-package: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright

For such a simple package, you might want to use dh calls in
debian/rules (man dh).

Cheers,
Daniel

--