Re: make user's home automatically

Le lundi 2 février 2009 22:46, Jack T Mudge III a écrit :
|> On Monday 02 February 2009 09:43:07 am Anthony wrote:
|> > hi everybody,
|> >
|> > I have a problème about auto home creation.
|> >
|> > All my users are on a ldap server with is home parameter. (ofr exemple :
|> > /home/user1)
|> >
|> > I would like to create the users home on user login BUT the home of my user
|> > is not really the /home/user1 but the  /export/home/user1 directory
|> > which is auto-mounted on /home/user1 (with other automounted directory)
|> >
|> > Somebody know the solution to do this.
|> >
|> > I can not use the pam_mkhomedir because the home is not really the home...
|> > so...
|> >

|> > would exist an other solution...?:!
|> >
|> > thanks for help
|> >
|> > Anthony
|>
|> (I think this belongs on the debian-users list... )
|>
|> I can't say I'm an expert at ldap, but couldn't you just softlink /home
|> to /export/home? I hope I'm not answering the wrong question...
|>
|> example:
|> ln -s /home /export/home
|>
|> --
|> Sincerely,
|> Jack Mudge
|> jakykong@theanythingbox.com

I can't do that.

because others directories are mounted in the users' home  with the autofs process.
 I use a multimount point (automount) so i can i have in one home, others directories,wich in fact are on centralized nfs servers.

the home of my users look like that :

./home/user1 => /export/home/user1
/home/user1/data1 => nfsserver1:/data/groupyyy
/home/user1/data2	=> nfsserver2:/data/groupxxx

and all is mounted with a autofs multimount point :
auto.map : /	localhost:/export/home/user1 /home/user1/data1 nfsserver1:/data/groupyyy /home/user1/data2 nfsserver2:/data/groupxxx

SO in just want to create the /export/home/user1

thanks for your help....

bye

anthony