Re: RFS: qmpdclient

Am Wednesday 31 December 2008 18:33:10 schrieb Ruben Molina:
> Hi Harald!
>

> Is 1.0.9 already released by upstream? (Seems like not)

1.0.9 is already released upstream.

> If not, please note: 1.0.9.git.20081230 is greater than 1.0.9  (check
> the --compare-versions option in dpkg). So, if upstream releases a
> stable 1.0.9, you will have a problem with the version number... you
> should use 1.0.9~git* (with tilde) instead of 1.0.9.git*
>
> If 1.0.9 is already released, is more common to use: 1.0.9+git* (with
> plus)...
Thank you for that hint, i changed it to +git*.

> Also, some people uses the VCS revision instead of the date, because
> upstream can do many commits in the same day, so a date is not always a
> good reference... It depends on how active is your upstream, I
> suppose... but please consider it too.
I didn't find any suitable answers what a VCS revision should be. I think you
mean a CVS/SVN revision number, but either i'm to stupid to find a equivalent
revision number which is also just about some digits in git. Those revision
things i found in git where revision/commit versions which have even more
digits than the full date.

And upstream is nut that active, so i think it should be okay.
Even more, i could just find git-versions names in my installed package
containing the date as "revision"-number.

> > http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qmpdclient/qmpdclient_1.0.9.
> >git.20081230-1.dsc
>
> * I'm not a DD so I can't sponsor uploads, but I tried your package, and
> it FTBFS in my pbuilder :(
>
> # Add here commands to clean up after the build process.
> /usr/bin/make clean
> make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/buildd/qmpdclient-1.0.9.git.20081230'
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/qmpdclient-1.0.9.git.20081230'
> make: *** [clean] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: fakeroot debian/rules clean gave error exit
> status 2
> pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package
>  -> Aborting with an error
>
> It fails for the first clean, because there is not a Makefile yet.
> It builds if you try to compile twice in a row.
>
> To fix it, I just changed:
> 	$(MAKE) clean
> into:
> 	[ ! -f Makefile ] || $(MAKE) distclean

Fine, thanks for pointing out that bug, i didn't notice that.

> and the package builds fine now in my pbuilder and it passes the
> piuparts tests too :)
>
> * Check src/libmpdclient.*, you are missing an entry for them in your
> debian/copyright.

Oh, i it seems that i didn't checked that careful enough, but i corrected
debian/copyright in the recent version.

> * Check the package using the -iI options of lintian and, as you are
> packaging a snapshot, "please consider adding a debian/watch file
> containing only comments documenting the situation."
Added the debian/watch file, and lintian -iIv reports no error.

> * Uhm, I noted your ITP is for qmpdclient-ne, but you are packaging it
> as qmpdclient... Is this OK mentors?
Renamed the package so that it matches the ITP and the name on the upstream
website.

> > Kind regards
Kind regards

> Happy new year!