Re: RFS: scim-waitzar, libwaitzar (re-submission) Attn: Paul Wise

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM, S'orlok Reaves <sorlok_reaves@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Are you able to ship the spec in the source package and generate
>> Myanmar.model from the spec at build time? Or ship a myanmar-spec
>> source package that builds and installs the the Model file?
> Unfortunately, no. The model generator source is not available for release, sorry.

Hmm, FSVO 'source code' and 'program', this violates DFSG #2.

>> http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/CopyrightFormat
> I was under the impression that the debian copyright file format was just free-form text,
> restricted only by content. However, I'm willing to refactor my copyrights into this
> format --is this proposal nearing acceptance, and do you think it will become the
> new standard? I'd be happy to get a jump on future updates. ;)

Correct. The proposal has acceptance in some parts of Debian, but not
universally.

>> I note that you ship waitzar_users_guide.pdf instead of generating it
> It generates on build now. I'm a little concerned with the fact that this (fop + docbook)
> nearly doubles the length of my builds-depends, but I've tested it from every angle, so...

Note that fop is in contrib (except in experimental), so you should
either target experimental instead of unstable or move the package to
contrib.

>> Not sure I like how you put all the images in a tarball instead of a subdirectory
>> either.
> Fair enough; I've added images/ and fonts/ to the distro. Actually, this is a good QC measure
> for me, to make sure that I'm "eating my own dog food" when it comes to generating WZ's docs.

Which fonts are these? I'm wary of adding fonts to source packages;
usually either the font is a copyright violation or should be packaged
separately.

> And, for the record, all packages are "lintian -i -I -E" clean, and work as expected.

Hmm, experimental lintian tags, didn't know about those. Thanks

> I'll be back on Tuesday; hope all you developers out there have a nice weekend.

You too!

--
bye,
pabs