Re: [debexpo-devel] Call for help on mentors.debian.net/debexpo

Hi, Ondrej…

Ondrej Certik schrieb:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Christoph Haas <haas@debian.org> wrote:
>> I've been running mentors.debian.net for quite some years now. The
>> software running the repository including importers, user handling,
>> package checks and IRC bot has been a custom thing right from the start
>> [1]. It's now already the third version of the software but still in
>> certain areas it's not very fault-tolerant.
>>
> Thanks for pushing this forward. Unfortunately I will not have time
> for this soon, but I still want to encourage you not to give up. :)
>
> It'd be cool if you could set this up at some server, and ask people
> to try it out, report bugs etc. Then, initially you'll have to fix
> them yourself, but eventually, people will join in.

I saw a few people joining the debexpo-devel mailing list. And I'm glad
about the interest already. I'll try to make sure the software is
installable and documented enough so that everybody can get a debexpo
server set up in minutes and get an impression of it. Otherwise it's
surely too much theory and too little show-and-tell.

Right after my ISP fixes my internet connection I'll set up a demo
server. (Yes, I mean you Deutsche Telekom.)

Thanks for your feedback.

 Christoph