Re: RFS: mbuffer (new package)

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:45:28PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:03:06PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 06:27:26PM +0300, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > > Dear mentors,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for the initial upload of my package
> > > "mbuffer" - a simple tool for buffering data streams for various
> > > purposes, including writing to block devices, testing throughput,
> > > and many others.
> >
> > Nobody interested? :)
>
> Bump? :)

Okay, so some time passed, and three new upstream versions of mbuffer
were released.  I updated my package to the newest one, converted it
to the 3.0 (quilt) source format, added DEP 3 headers to the patches,
fixed a couple of other minor issues, and here's the result - still
a RFS for an initial upload of mbuffer into the Debian archive by
a kind sponsor :)

* Package name    : mbuffer
  Version         : 20091122-1
  Upstream Author : Thomas Maier-Komor <thomas@maier-komor.de>
* URL             : http://www.maier-komor.de/mbuffer.html
* License         : GPL-3+
* Language        : C

There is a single binary package:
mbuffer    - tool for buffering data streams
 The mbuffer tool is used to buffer data streams and show the I/O rate and
 summary to the user.  It is especially useful for writing backups to
 fast tape drives or streaming them over the network.  If used correctly,
 it can prevent buffer underruns and speed up the whole backup or
 transfer process.

It has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.

The upload would fix these bugs: 534216

http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mbuffer/mbuffer_20091122-1.dsc

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@space.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Key fingerprint	2EE7 A7A5 17FC 124C F115  C354 651E EFB0 2527 DF13