Re: RFS: comixcursors (updated package)

Some comments on Tim's comments:

Tim Retout <tim@retout.co.uk> writes:

> - mention the new upstream version in the changelog

Yes. This is typically done with an item in the changelog entry:

    * New upstream version.

The upstream version string itself is already in the changelog
(parseable from the Debian release version).

> - "Bump Standards" is probably not a good enough description. Try
>   something like "debian/control: Bump Standards-Version to 3.8.3"

Better:

    * debian/control: Update to Standards-Version: 3.8.3. No further
      changes.

That last sentence is there to positively assert that no other changes
were required, and thus prompt the writer to ask “is this actually true;
did I have to make any other changes to conform to this new standards
version?”. If there are other changes, they should of course be
described.

I agree with Tim that you are to be thanked for rescuing this package; I
am a happy user of these cursors.

--
 \      “God forbid that any book should be banned. The practice is as |
  `\                  indefensible as infanticide.” —Dame Rebecca West |