Re: RFS: roxterm (updated package)

> On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 09:53:09 +0200
--cut--
> > Adding autotools-dev back to build-dependencies fixes it,
>
> OK, I've added that dependency back. I've duploaded a replacement, but I
> haven't changed the version number because I think it's better not to
> when it hasn't been released yet.

This is fine with me, this is now uploaded. Thank you.

> I also tried running autotools-dev's autogen.sh, but that resulted in a
> lintian report:
>
> P: roxterm source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system
>  po/Makevars.template

Because your diff.gz directly touches files outside debian/. I guess lintian
does something like: lsdiff -z -x '*/debian/*' *.diff.gz

> so I thought I'd better avoid that for now. I'll replace my bootstrap.sh
> with it in future upstream versions though.

Okay,

> > however I
> > wonder what were your considerations to remove it in the first place
> > from there?
>
> I thought the autotools were supposed to generate self-contained
> tarballs. I must have got the wrong idea.

They are self-contained unless config.sub and config.guess helper scripts got
unexpectedly outdated. Rf: /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>