Re: RFS: codeigniter

Carl Fürstenberg wrote:
> repost standard letter (<bremner> AzaToth: yeah, RFS every few weeks I guess.)
>
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "codeigniter".
>
> * Package name    : codeigniter
>   Version         : 1.7.2-1
>   Upstream Author : EllisLab, Inc
> * URL             : http://codeigniter.com/
> * License         : custom
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-legal@lists.debian.org/msg39307.html)
>   Section         : php
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> libphp-codeigniter - Web application framework
> libphp-codeigniter-dev - Web application framework - developement tools
> libphp-codeigniter-doc - Web application framework - documentation

> The upload would fix these bugs: 471583
>
> My motivation for maintaining this package is: [fill in].

> main contrib non-free
> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/codeigniter/codeigniter_1.7.2-1.dsc

> Kind regards
>  Carl Fürstenberg

Carl,

There are a few minor lintian issues with it:

bdefreese@bddebian3:~/debian/codeigniter$ lintian -I
/home/bdefreese/pbuild-unstable/result/codeigniter_1.7.2-1_i386.changes
I: codeigniter source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: codeigniter source: quilt-patch-missing-description no_set_header_on_error.patch
I: libphp-codeigniter-doc: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
I: libphp-codeigniter-dev: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright
W: libphp-codeigniter-dev: wrong-section-according-to-package-name
libphp-codeigniter-dev => php
I: libphp-codeigniter: font-in-non-font-package
usr/share/codeigniter/system/fonts/texb.ttf
I: libphp-codeigniter: package-contains-empty-directory
usr/share/codeigniter/system/cache/
I: libphp-codeigniter: package-contains-empty-directory
usr/share/codeigniter/system/logs/
I: libphp-codeigniter: copyright-with-old-dh-make-debian-copyright

Also, reading the debian-legal thread I don't see anywhere on there that claims
the license is OK.  From what I see they say it fails DFSG #1 and DFSG #4.

Have you tried to contact upstream for a more acceptable license?

Thanks,

Barry deFreese