Re: Packaging

On Tuesday 17 November 2009 15:58:44 Juan Cruz wrote:
>  Hi everybody, I'm new developing for linux. I'm developing a new
>  application written on python, and i don't know how to make a .deb
>  from it and how to upload my application to your repositories.
>
>  I'll appreciate if somebody can help me.

First, read the documentation.  After that, if you have specific questions,
we'd be happy to help.

<http://www.debian.org/doc/> is the portal to Debian documentation.  You need
to read the "Debian New Maintainers' Guide" and also look over the "Debian
Policy Manual" and "Debian Developer's Reference".  The last two may contain
some sections you can skip if they aren't relevant to your current package.

If there's a python team (I think there is) you should probably work with them
as well -- they may have even prepared python-specific policy documentation.

TLDNR: RTFM N00B!