Re: RFS: gem (updated package) [ITA]

hi all,

i finally have re-uploaded the new version of Gem, this time with
hopefully all the lintian warnings fixed, but one (see below).

Barry deFreese wrote:
> IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>> Dear mentors,
>>
>> I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1:0.92.1-1
>> of my package "gem".
>>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> gem        - Graphics Environment for Multimedia - PureData library
>>
>> The package appears to be lintian clean.
>>
>> The upload would fix these bugs: 485972, 546956, 549720
>> As gem is currently an orphaned package, i would volunteer to maintain
>> this package in the future,
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gem/gem_0.92.1-1.dsc
>>
>> Thanks to Barry for reviewing the package and hinting at some problems /
>> helping me to fix more bugs...
>>
>> I would still be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.
>>
>> In the meantime i would also be thankful for reviews/comments/gifts/...
>>

> Couple of minor issues left:
>
> bdefreese@bddebian3:~/debian/gem/gem-0.92.1$ lintian -I
> /home/bdefreese/pbuild-unstable/result/gem_0.92.1-1_i386.changes
> I: gem source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

fixed.

> I: gem: arch-dep-package-has-big-usr-share 2060kB 32%

this is still the case, since Gem is a small package but "unfortunately"
comes with a big manual. (see the other posts in this thread for a
better explanation)

> W: gem: menu-command-not-in-package /usr/share/menu/gem:5 /usr/bin/pd

ok, fixed this by creating a tiny wrapper script /usr/bin/pd-gem which
is called from the menu.
this seemed to be simplest, with dh_fixperms fixing the permissions in
/usr/share/gem/ and then having lintian complain about a
script-not-being-executable.
added manpage for the script as well.

> W: gem: wrong-name-for-upstream-changelog usr/share/doc/gem/ChangeLog.gz

fixed.

> W: gem: debian-changelog-line-too-long line 5

fixed.

these are the remaining lintian warnings i get with pedantic/experimental:
> P: gem source: direct-changes-in-diff-but-no-patch-system
gem-0.92-1.tar.gz.cdbs-config_list

hmm, cdbs creates this file automatically; do i have to take extra
action to remove it?

> X: gem: spelling-error-in-binary ./usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem/Gem.pd_linux
treshold threshold

hmm, cannot really change this, as fixing the spelling mistakes would
break the API of the plugin

so long - hope to hear from you.

fgamsdr
IOhannes